The Steinach Operation

A place of semi-natural vigor.

4.16.2006

NaPoWriMo, 4/16. EG's Every-poem-I-write poem.

BLOGPOEM W/ EPIGRAPH
Every poem in my work folder is a letter of resignation.” –Bill Knott


Every poem I write is a rejection slip.
Every poem I write is a radar blip.

Every poem I write goes out for cigarettes and never comes home.
Every poem I write has Stockholm Syndrome.

Every poem I write is a love letter to an enemy.
Every poem I write is a cry for help inside a fortune cookie.

Every poem I write is an abandoned mine.
Every poem I write is a police outline.

Every poem I write is hooked on MTV.
Every poem I write is not as good as the movie.

Every poem I write is a stone dropped down into the chasm.
Every poem I write is an anachronism.

Every poem I write is an unreturned phone call.
Every poem I write is an uncaught fly ball.

Every poem I write is a portrait of my brother.
Every poem I write is a teenage mother.

Every poem I write is the unknown soldier.
Every poem I write carries my weight on its shoulders.

Every poem I write is a Turing machine.
Every poem I write tells me it’s only a dream.

Every poem I write is a newly discovered, endangered bird.
Every poem I write is a never-before-heard, unpronounceable word.

Every poem I write is a Wikipedia entry.
Every poem I write is a message in an invisible bottle, floating on an invisible sea.

Every poem I write is a pointed letter to an invisible editor.
Every poem I write is to you as a bull is to the matador.

Every poem I write is a removable tattoo.
Every poem I write has abandonment issues.

Every poem I write is painstakingly engraved on a grain of rice.
Every poem I write is being carved into an already melting block of ice.

Every poem I write is a deus ex machina.
Every poem I write wants 2 increase its length + stamina.

Every poem I write is a tape being eaten.
Every poem I write is a horse being beaten.

Every poem I write is a note passed under an invisible table to my lover.
Every poem I write is a party tainted by the pre-nostalgia for my hangover.

Every poem I write has a plot hole I could walk through, because the hole is me-shaped.
Every poem I write is an autorape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home